BY JEREMY MOULE
AFGHANISTAN TOTALS — 2061 US servicemen and servicewomen and 1,046 Coalition servicemen and servicewomen have been killed in Afghanistan from the beginning of the war and occupation to July 27. Statistics for Afghan civilian casualties are not available.
American casualties from July 17 to 27:
– Spc. Krystal M. Fitts, 26, Houston, Texas
– Chief Naval Aircrewman Sean P. Sullivan, 40, St. Louis, Mo.
– Naval Aircrewman (helicopter) 2nd Class Joseph P. Fitzmorris, 31, Ruston, La.
– Pfc. Jeffrey L. Rice, 24, Troy, Ohio
– Spc. Darrion T. Hicks, 21, Raleigh, N.C.
– Staff Sgt. Brandon R. Pepper, 31, York, Pa.
– Petty Officer 2nd Class Michael J. Brodsky, 33, Tamarac, Fla.
– Pfc. Julian L. Colvin, 21, Birmingham, Ala.
– Staff Sgt. Richard L. Berry, 27, Scottsdale, Ariz.
– Sgt. Eric E. Williams, 27, Murrieta, Calif.
– Pfc. Adam C. Ross, 19, Lyman, S.C.
– Spc. Justin L. Horsley, 21, Palm Bay, Fla.
– Pfc. Brenden N. Salazar, 20, Chuluota, Fla.
– Sgt. Justin M. Hansen, 26, Traverse City, Mich.
– Pfc. Theodore M. Glende, 23, of Rochester, N.Y.
SOURCES: iraqbodycount.org, icasualties.org, Department of Defense