BY JEREMY MOULE
AFGHANISTAN TOTALS — 2049 US servicemen and servicewomen and 1,044 Coalition servicemen and servicewomen have been killed in Afghanistan from the beginning of the war and occupation to July 20. Statistics for Afghan civilian casualties are not available.
American casualties from July 11 to 19:
– Sgt. Michael E. Ristau, 25, Rockford, Ill.
– Staff Sgt. Carl E. Hammar, 24, Lake Havasu City, Ariz.
– Sgt. Erik N. May, 26, Independence, Kan.
– Spc. Sergio E. Perez Jr., 21, Crown Point, Ind.
– Spc. Nicholas A. Taylor, 20, Berne, Ind.
– Sgt. Daniel A. Rodriguez, 28, Baltimore, Md.
– Sgt. Jose J. Reyes, 24, San Lorenzo, Puerto Rico
– Cpl. Joshua R. Ashley, 23, Rancho Cucamonga, Calif.
SOURCES: iraqbodycount.org, icasualties.org, Department of Defense